The Director is responsible for everything that happens on the stage. It is important that the Director works closely with the Producer.
A Director’s responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the Producer organise advertising for audition dates well in advance.
- Auditioning and casting with the support of the Production Team and Committee.
- To have plans for the sets ready before rehearsals begin.
- Keeping the Producer up to date on progress of show and of any difficulties that may arise.
- Checking any artwork to be used in connection with the show.
- Maintaining control of the cast and adherence to the rehearsal schedule.
- Being available to cast members for discussion or problems.
- In partnership with the Producer clearly outline expectations for cast and crew, at the first meeting, including clean up responsibilities.
- Any issues within the cast should be dealt with by the Core Production Team (Director, Musical Director, Producer and Choreographer) with the support of the committee.
- In the case if there is an Assistant Director, they are to support the Director and perform duties as directed by the Director.