- Design scenery with input from the Director which will be both technically and financially feasible.
- Establishes set construction budget and submits to Producer for approval.
- Work with the Director to create a set construction schedule.
- Organise scenery construction of sets by purchasing or otherwise acquiring (rent, borrow, etc.) all necessary set construction items.
- Ensures set construction schedule is well-publicised at rehearsals and recruits all Theatre Company members to participate in all aspects of set construction.
- Arrange for the delivery of the scenery to and from the production theatre.
- Arrange for the salvage and storage of main set pieces for reuse in future Theatre Company productions.
- Arrange for the delivery and return of any borrowed/rented sets and equipment.
- Liaise with the Art Designer regarding static art for stage.